Want to work at the world's first purpose-built public art gallery? See below for our current job opportunities at the Gallery. Find out about who you'll be working alongside in our Who We Are section.
Please note that due to the exceptional demand for jobs at the Gallery, we are unable to respond to unsolicited CVs.
Learn more about our Organisational Culture & Salary Bands.
Dulwich Picture Gallery is looking for a highly motivated and ideas-driven individual to form a key member of the Communications team as Marketing Officer. The role will support the Marketing Manager in promoting the Gallery across its diverse programme, from exhibitions to learning, venue hire to retail. With a focus on campaign implementation, digital marketing and design, this role helps the Gallery in its aims to drive reach, revenue and reputation.
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following:
- At least one year’s experience in a Marketing role, with demonstrable knowledge of digital, social media and e-communication channels as well as more traditional methods.
- Proven experience of contributing to Marketing Campaigns to drive sales, footfall or engagement.
- An interest in the arts and cultural sectors and commitment to the vision and aims of Dulwich Picture Gallery.
- A pro-active self-starter with innovative ideas and enthusiastic approach to problem-solving.
- Excellent oral presentation skills and an ability to communicate professionally and confidently with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent copywriting skills and an ability to tailor key messages for a wide range of audiences and across formats (website, email, print).
- Highly organised, with the ability to prioritise varied workload.
- Excellent attention to detail and eye for design.
- Good working knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite: Indesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and IT literate with knowledge of MS office applications including Excel.
- Good understanding of email and data marketing
- Experience of using a CRM software
- Experience of using a CMS to manage and update webpages.
Salary Range: Band B - London Living Wage - £26,000 per annum, commensurate with experience.
Working hours: 9-5pm Monday- Friday with one-hour break for lunch. This role may also require occasional out-of-hours work as the needs of the business dictate.
Leave entitlement: 25 days’ holiday per year, statutory Bank Holidays and two discretionary, non-contractual ‘Gallery’ days.
How to Apply
The deadline for applications is 10am on Monday 28 January 2019.
Interviews are expected to take place week commencing 4 February 2019. To apply, please send your CV and covering letter outlining your suitability for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org by the above deadline.
Dulwich Picture Gallery are seeking dynamic and passionate Gallery Assistants capable of delivering exemplary visitor experience and with a keen interest in the arts, to gain invaluable experience and to develop a range of skills. We are looking for enthusiastic people with a keen interest in the arts to join the team. It’s important to us that you who are pro-active, and visitor focused, with a polite manner, and enjoy working as part of a team.
Positions available: 2 x 20 hours (Permanent) and 4 x Casual Staff
Salary Range: Band A - London Living Wage at current rate.
Working Hours: Hours of work variable to support the operational delivery of all Dulwich Picture Gallery events and exhibitions. This role requires regular weekend work (3 weekends per month), as well as evenings and Bank Holidays, with some early starts and late finishes on a flexible basis as per operational requirements.
How to Apply
The deadline for applications is 12pm on Sunday 27 January 2019.
Interviews are expected to take place week commencing 28 January 2019. To apply, please send your CV and covering letter outlining your suitability for the role to email@example.com by the above deadline. In your Covering letter, please make clear the role or role(s) that you are interested in applying for.